Saturday, May 14, 2011

It's Harder Than It Looks

So Dallin asked Jess to cut his hair and somehow I got roped into helping and it turns out that all of those returned missionaries that act like cutting hair is no big deal...are wrong! That was the scariest, most stressful thing I have done in a long time. So happy that Matt and Jess fixed the back part behind Dallin's left ear where I totally messed it up ha ha sorry DQ!




While purchasing goodies for the Shekel Shack, we stopped at Jafar's Sweets for a little Palestinian specialty. Bashir Bashir, our Palestinian Modern Near Eastern Studies professor, spent about 10 minutes in class telling us about Knafe, a dessert made of goat cheese, candied noodles and some other things. This is a picture of Dallin, Jess and Brother and Sister Huntington eating the Knafe. It was actually better than I expected it to be, but was surprised that it was like a thin piece of cheesecake served warm.

This basically sums up my adventures for the last few days, just goin to classes and loving the good food here! We have been on lockdown for the last two days and I'm getting really antsy, good thing we are flying to Turkey tomorrow morning. I woke up from my nap today to the sound of gunshots, which wasn't as surprising as it maybe should of been. But don't worry, they say they've seen way worse so I'm sure everything will be calmed down when we get back from Turkey.

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment