Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Jordan Trip - part 1

Here are the first half of the pictures from my trip to Jordan, enjoy!

On Mt. Nebo, behind me is the Brass Serpent Statue

Mosaics at Mt. Nebo









St. George's Church in Madaba

Detailed Mosaic map of the Holy Land 

With the Holy Land Mosaic map in St. George's Church

Kori and I outside the Church
Excited to be here at Machaerus 

Not excited to hike up that giant hill

View of the Dead Sea from Machaerus

Rob and I

Dallin and I presenting the view

When we got to the hotel at Petra, there were welcome drinks and horses we could ride....best hotel ever!

This Jordanian boy just kept telling me about how much he loved Americans

First thing that happened in our hotel room, nice job Erica!

This, if you haven't noticed, is my favorite field trip outfit and because 95% of my pictures come from field trips it must look like I wear it every day...I don't, I promise










First view of the Treasury at Petra



Most beautiful building I've ever seen, carved right out of the rock






















tombs along the road to the main part of the city







tombs of the rich people up on the hillside

in front of the palace

With Alyse and Rob on the palace steps




ruins of the Great Temple

on the way up to the Monastery 

further up the trail to the Monastery, ya self-timer

The Monastery at Petra, quite a hike but well worth it










Sam, Jacey and I

ha ha trying to do a jumping picture

nailed it, minus the shirt flying up, my apologies




Erica, Diedra and I

Bedouin children 














No comments:

Post a Comment